Presented in Moscow in December 2017 at Heisenbug conference. Video and slides are in Russian.
Every day the systems which we develop become more and more complicated. It seems there is nowhere to hide from the ubiquitous complexity. One of its aspects is configuration. On the one hand, configuration has a significant influence on stability and availability of a system. On the other hand, there is too little time set aside for checking its correctness. In this talk, we’ll explain how we test configuration and how far it was useful for our project.
This talk will be helpful for those who want to learn an easy way to increase system stability and availability in production.
Download slides in Russian (PDF)
- Three days that shocked us in 2013 in Russian
- “Paxos Made Live – An Engineering Perspective”
- “Early detection of configuration errors to reduce failure damage”
- Gixy — open source tool from Yandex to make your Nginx configuration safe in Russian
- “Configuration testing for Java developers: a case study” — talk by Ruslan Cheremin on practical application of these ideas implemented in Java (in Russian). Full talk transcript and slides are also published (in Russian).